Training package for "Team RowMania" for Ottawa Dragonboat Festival.The training is held every Wednesday starting May 16 until June 20 from 7:00 to 8:00 PM.
Ottawa Dragonboat Festival: Saturday June 23 and Sunday June 24
Training sessions are held at the Ottawa River Canoe Club, located here: https://goo.gl/maps/v3SpsEVHHCP2
Two additional training sessions will be held at the Rideau Canoe Club (https://goo.gl/maps/wht3HsEHKeE2) closer to the competition date (dates will be scheduled later).
Please note that festival fees ($57 + HST) will be added during the registration process (if you already paid Flori, you'll have the option to select "fee already paid to Flori" and the festival fee will not be added).
For additional questions regarding training please contact Adrian and/or Flori.
- Training will only be cancelled in exceptional circumstances. If the coach decides that it is unsafe to go on water, we will do a driland session (strength, conditioning, cardio, stretching) on shore. Always bring a pair of running shoes with you.
- Please arrive at the club 10-15 minutes early to change and get ready and help put the dragonboats on water.
- training attire: recommend similar equipment as for jogging. Please factor in the wind, weather and the fact that you will be wearing a life jacket (mandatory by law) that will keep you warm .
- water shoes are recommended as sometime you might have to walk in the water on the rocky bottom and a change of clothes is always a good idea
- change rooms: there are a few change rooms at the club in the new building
- There is water at the club that is hauled by a volunteer. Please bring your own water if possible and use the club water for refills only.
- Parking: Please use the top parking lot and if that is full, use the gravel road leading to the top parking lot. The club parking lot is reserved for coaches and para paddling programs. There is a 75 meters walk from the parking lot to the club.
- The training sessions in this package are only valid for the Ottawa Festival