Sprint Racing Competitive Program - Fully paid membership and registration is required in order to race under ORCC.
Welcome to the train to perform sprint program which is designed for the high-performance, experienced paddlers who are training with the goal of attending the Canoe Kayak Canada National Championships. Athletes will gain increasing proficiency in their single and team events, including war canoe.
A commitment to year-long training and competition is a requirement as training continues during the off-water season with a compliment of strength and endurance training through swimming, running, paddle machines, weights, and Nordic skiing
**All participants must be ORCC members and must contact the Executive Director Joel Hazzan prior to registration**
Program fee (installment option available)
- September 1 - August 31 year-round training - $2100 + HST
- ~$40 per week with 8-10 practices per week
This fee does not include regatta costs, training camps or divisional, provincial and national association fees. Training Schedule
May - August :
- 8 - 10 sessions per week: on-water training, dry-land or weight room conditioning
- war canoe training
- Local Club Regattas (Carleton Place, North Bay)
- EOD Qualifiers
- Ontario Championships
- Ontario Long Distance Regatta
ORCC Credit Card Policy:
ORCC offers a variety of payment methods such as cheque, etransfer and credit card. However, credit card transactions cost the club thousands of dollars every year. In an effort to keep program pricing reasonable, we ask those participants who wish to pay by credit card to ensure you also pay the credit card convenience fee to help offset the costs to the club. No convenience fee is charged for etransfers or cheque.
Please be aware of the ORCC Cancellation Policy:
- Program cancellations will be issued a prorated refund calculated to one month from the receipt of the cancellation request and the withdrawal of the participant from the program.
- In the case of injury or illness, a medical certificate may be required.
**N.B. - “The ORCC reserves the right to refuse admission or cancel registrations in the programs at its discretion.”